trellis n : latticework used to support climbing plants [syn: treillage] v : train on a trellis, as of a vine
- An outdoor garden frame which can be used for partitioning a common area.
- An outdoor garden frame which can be used to grow vines or other climbing plants.
Trellis may refer to:
- Trellis (agriculture), a structure that supports climbing plants
- Trellis (graph), a special kind of graph, often used in coding
- Trellis modulation, also known as "trellis coded modulation", in telecommunications
- Trellis quantization, a method of improving data compression, often used in lossy video compression
- Mrs. Trellis of North Wales, a fictional radio correspondent in I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue
- Jonathan Whitehead, a composer who sometimes publishes under the name "Trellis"
- The Trellis/Owl programming language http://www.cs.umass.edu/Dienst/UI/2.0/Describe/ncstrl.umassa_cs%2FUM-CS-1986-040
arabesque, basketry, basketwork, cancellation, cross-hatching, crossing-out, filigree, fret, fretwork, grate, grating, grid, gridiron, grille, grillwork, hachure, hatching, interlacement, intertexture, intertwinement, lace, lacery, lacework, lacing, lattice, latticework, mesh, meshes, meshwork, net, netting, network, plexure, plexus, raddle, reticle, reticulation, reticule, reticulum, riddle, screen, screening, sieve, texture, tissue, tracery, trelliswork, wattle, weave, weaving, web, webbing, webwork, weft, wicker, wickerwork